Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My day

My day started with my routine 6am newspaper reading. The frontpage read:NTU Fracas. What happen? An Indonesian student stabbed his supervising lecturer, then he leap to death from a building block. The student was a 1st class honours material, in his last semester in Electrical engineering course, he was also an avid gamer. Meanwhile, the lecturer who suffered injury from stabbing was stable. A lot of speculation crop up on what trigger a smart boy to do such a thing. A NUS undergraduate wrote on the Kent's Chronicle, NUS Student newspaper, about the excessive pressure to perform as a factor. Another report cited that he lost his scholarship and wanted revenge. This is the 1st incident in the past 5 years.So, tutors be aware of your brilliant gamer student, you never know when they will strike and cause a masscre like in Columbine & Virginia. What a bad news to start my day! Then, on my way to school, traffic jam is slowly building up. Today, Mrs Joan, GP tutor, ask us to mark our peer test paper. It was a tedious job for me, as my English standard is so-so only as you can read in my blog posting. Oh, I think on that note, I shall excuse myself before getting myself to be emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment