Thursday, March 12, 2009

2 day in a row

Err, I have decided to cancel my self-imposed blog curfew. 2 day of brainwashing, really gives me a wake up call. Lots of things crop up in between these 2 days! I think I should start talking now, otherwise I may have to write till midnight.
1st of all, Allah selamatkan kamu, lalalala lupa lirik. Happy 18th Birthday to Teeqs, my GP, Accounting,PS & H1 mate. Your age comes with more privileges & more tanggungjawab.
Goodness gracious GP class videos had revealed racism in sports & FIFA get kickback from ISL.
Here are my views:
racism in sports - I dont see any happening. Basketball previously were Chinese/Filipino dominant game. Now, you can see more Indian, Malay not only playing it but being quite a pro also. Some of them can even do 'Chinese layup' which I cant still do! I admit that my skills or do I have no skills at all? Apakan! However, the racism is potrayed as not existence anymore, but racism is now 'under the sheets'.
Corruption in sports - No wander, our 'life enricher' Astro bill is so over the roof! FIFA got kickbacks from ISL, so that they can get exclusive marketing rights for World Cup for the past 20 years. Football is the biggest game on earth, watched by 2b people worldwide, bringing 3b revenue in which ISL would get 25%. If ISL include the tens millions kickback in price of TV rights=TV rights more costly=up subscription rate esp Sports pack. The case would be even worse due to content exclusivity commercial deal.Enough of ball talk.
Shooting here & there, amok here & there. In Germany, a 17 yr old teenager paid 'friendly visit' to his Alma-mater & cause a massacre. It is believed that he got the gun from his father weapon collection.
Oh lastly, Brunei Meteorological Service had issued a possibility of flash floods in low-lying areas between 6pm-11pm. So far no rain yet, but as pepatah Melayu say 'Sediakan payung sebelum hujan'.
On that note, on my way to do Accounting. To Siew Mei, my cousin, congrats if you get good results in SPM & enjoy your study @ Curtin. Belajar rajin2 tau! Chaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment