Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A New Start In a new place

Hi there people, I am back online thanks to DiGi Turbo 3g network & soon on the hostel network of Sunway Digital Wave. The night view from where I am now is just great I can see KLCC from my hostel & also Menara KL. Ok lets start with the 1st part
The RBA Experience
Thanks to a great timing by RBA, instead of Air Asia I used RBA. Check-in online before departure & everything is so fast, just drop off your bags & done! In my Twitter, yesterday I had stated my simple comments on RBA service:good music, great food & smiling crew. Good music is the latest & great choice of songs. On the food side, RBC I think had improved food quality compared to few years back, this time I had Szechuan chicken with garlic rice which is just nice for a people who cant tahan 'makan pedas'. 1 thing is I think to cut cost or safety reasons, the cutleries are plastic. The whole flight was quite okay with a few small bumps. So overall, its great flying with RBA. This is my 1st time flying RBA since 2008 CNY.
The GPS & Taxi driver
The 1st day in KL started quite badly starting with a 'newbie uncle' taxi driver armed with a GPS but didnt knew his way around. Eventually, after I called the hostel management who tell the driver which way to go then we managed to arrive at my hostel just in time for check-in.
The Hostel
 Sun U-Residence which is just a short walk from my uni campus will be my place of stay till 2013 (graduation) subject to 'Finance controller' approval aka my dad. There are 2 condo blocks in the complex which I called Blok Kedai & Blok Makan to differentiate the blocks. The facilities here are same like what you would find in condo such as 247 security, swimming pool, badminton court, squash court with the addition of internet-enabled air-conditioned study room, convenience store, cafe & kedai dobi as it is a students hostel. Each newbie staying in this hostel will get a welcome pack which consists of laptop lock, mattress cover & 30% discount on entry ticket to Sunway Lagoon amusement park. My unit is located on Level 10-19 (exact cant be disclosed due to security reasons, LOL!). The view from up here is just great with my uni campus & soon to be completed new block of hostels Sun Monash U Residence can be seen from the balcony & from my room part of Sunway Pyramid Mall & some of KL skyscrapers like Petronas Twin Towers & TM Tower.  Each unit have 4 rooms which can accomodate max of 7 people. There are 3 double rooms & 1 single room. In each unit, there are 4 bathrooms, a washing machine & water machine, hence I can save some $$$ for shopping saving.  My room that I shared with a Engineering student originating from Johor is the 1st room in the unit. So far, the unit is only occupied by 4 people including me which I know that 3/4 is Johorians & 100% Chinese. Wait do that make me, a Johorian as well since my dad is from Johor? I guess so! All this comes at a price tag of RM$650
The hostel version 1.1
There is an incident that happen on Sunday to me, dint know its funny or not but anyway here goes nothing! On Sunday nite after my dinner & returned to my unit. I didnt realise that I pressed the wrong Level in the lift until, it became the hostel Exec & 'pak guard' business. So, went to the wrong floor & tried to open the door but the door wont co-operate. Had a few tries but still no response from the door like some of my friends say 'telefon engage' situation. Then went down to request help from 'pak guard' & again tried at the wrong door with the 'telefon engage' situation. After that, the guard contacted Mr Thina, hostel Exec then I realised I pressed the wrong floor, there is a 1 floor difference. La patutlah tak dapat buka rupanya salah Floor! Sorry kerana menimbulkan masalah ini ya 'pak guard' & hostel Exec!
The Monash Walk
On Monday, went to campus for the 1st time to settle some admin stuffs at PSO. The campus is within a short walking distance just across my hostel but the only thing is there are simply too many cars which makes it difficult to cross the roads for 'buta estimate' people like me, so I just follow others when they cross the streets (ikut-ikutan untuk keselamatan). I wonder why the management wont consider installing pedestrian traffic lights.
The Lost City of Sunway Pyramid
After settling of things at campus, returned back to the hostel to catch the free shuttle bus to Sunway Pyramid which is less than 1km away or 5min bus ride or a cut-throat RM$5 metered taxi ride! It is a huge mall where you can find everything under 1 roof. Some of its main attraction including the design of the mall itself which is modeled after the Egypt's Pyramid & Sphinx. The mall is also providing free wifi for you to poke2 in Facebook, tweet to your followers in Twitter, surf the net, etc while you do your shopping. Oh yes, another attraction of the mall is the ice skating rink, Pyramid Ice & the Celebrity Fitness Express gym. Apparently, in this 4 million sq ft mall I got lost while finding my way back to 1 of the shuttle bus pickup point, Pyramid Tower Hotel. From my observation, there seems to be a lot of 'Pak Arab' shopping here & of course students. My advice to those who easily sesat remember the 1st shop as you enter & find back that shop when you want to exit from the mall.
To come
By next week, Wednesday 18th August 3 day orientation will start & by 23th August classes will start. In September, a huge bookfair, Bookfest 2010 will be held in KLCC from 4-13 September & I plan to make my way down there as I had always wanted to visit this event. I also plan to make my way down to Bukit Bintang to 'cuci mata' & have a 'walking shopping' in Pavilion. Maybe, in November I shall make my way down to BB again to shop at Uniqlo 1st Malaysia's store due to be open at Fahrenheit 88.
The New Start
In conjunction with my new life in KL, chatlepak.blogspot.com will be renamed as 245isme.blogspot.com. This is due to the fact that chatlepak is such a weirdo blog add for a personal blog dont you think? Hence, the need to change the address.

Before I end my posting for this time, a big thank you all the way from KL & to those in Brunei enjoy yourself although its Puasa time as I am enjoying mine here. Lastly:
SELAMAT BERPUASA KEPADA SELURUH UMAT ISLAM & SEMOGA IBADAH RAMADAN ANDA SEMUA DITERIMA OLEH ALLAH
I shall be back with Orientation sessions tales next week. 
P.S. People find it weird when I say I am from Labuan but study/live in Brunei.

No comments:

Post a Comment