Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bandar Sunway it is

After 6 months of wait, formalities, red-tape, payments, faxing, emailing, 'pecah kepala', 'threatening', finally I have got a place to study: Monash University Sunway campus in Bandar Sunway.
Lets talk a bit about Monash. Its an Australian university with a world ranking of 45th in the 2009 Times Higher Education index. Compared to my 1st choice of NUS aka 'National University of Stress' which is placed 32th or 33th in the Times index, a uni. with 45th place aint bad at all. Coupled with the fact that I fonud that this uni certificate or as some people say 'that piece of paper' is more 'laku'.
Moving on lets talk about Sunway. Ever heard of MTV World Stage then you will know Sunway! Bandar Sunway is what the developer branded as an Integrated City where you can study, live, work, play with its countless of housings, the Sunway Pyramid shopping complex which looks like the Egypt Pyramid & Sphinx, Sunway Medical Centre, office buildings, Sunway Lagoon theme park, Sunway Petting Zoo, Sunway Xtreme Park, shoplots & of course Monash Sunway campus & Sunway University College. It is also the 1st Malaysian Integrated City to be wired fully with FREE wifi courtesy from the people that brings P1 Wimax to Malaysia & developer Sunway Group.
Did you know that Singapore is just a stone throw away from Bandar Sunway? Well not exactly, but Sunway Pyramid is one of the bus stations for the Aeroline bus which plies KL to Singapore. So I get to visit Singapore anyway in my holidays should money permits of course!
Enough of 'promo' talk, lets talk about my prep for my 1st day of uni life. There is still much to be done:packings, buying air ticket, sending forms, faxing, payments.
Then, when I arrive there need to settle bank A/c issues, phone issues (I plan to get iPhone 3GS but we shall see how it goes 1st I mean 'usin' thingy), necessity issues (still a lot to buy but Sunway Pyramid is dekat saja 5min by car/bus or 20min walk from hostel), need to adjust my Malay slang to Semenanjung slang. Iye ke iye bang, LOL!
Then, there is a long list of do's & donts there. Pening kepala aku!
Lastly, I am not from Brunei but from Sabah/Labuan. Its true also bah because Im not Bruneian Im just a 'penumpang sementara 13 tahun'. According to some people, if you address yourself as from Brunei masalah besar akan timbul! Tak usah dicakap apa masalahnya
If you have noticed in my previous few posting there are My Travel Express, so I will need to halt them 1st till I get my things sort out there.
Lastly, I will see you in a week time with a new environment in KL! Adios people I see you in a week with more stories!
P.S. Rahsia yang tak boleh diungkapkan pasti ada dalam setiap orang. Tetapi bila rahsia ini dah terlalu berat for your mind to handle then say it out/share it with people that you trust & not 'kaypoh'/'busybody' who will canangkan kepada seluruh dunia your 'rahsia yang tak boleh diungkapkan'. Dont let the 'rahsia yang tak boleh diungkapkan' to conquer your mind & lead you to doing silly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment