Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bandar Utama











Hey there people, today I ventured out of my 'safety comfort zone' of Bandar Sunway again to Bandar Utama. Its 2 bus away from Sunway which takes 40min assuming there is not much traffic.
For those of you who dont know what do Bandar Utama have briefly its main attraction is the 1Utama Shopping Complex. I will go deeper into that later. Also there is a One World Hotel (remember the theme of 2008 Beijing Olympics One World, One dream), office blocks, shoplots, housings & of course Sri Pentas (TV3/Hot FM/8tv/ntv7/one fm/fly fm/tv9 HQ) (I am sure 1 day I shall walk into Sri Pentas not only as visitor but winner of prizes/gifts like I visit RTB usually to get my prizes).
Now, the cream of the pie, lets talk about 1Utama. What is so special about it. Well there is a forest inside the mall (minus the orangutans, lions, tigers, but there is a crocodile patung outside BBQ Plaza & also buaya darat like in the song 'Lelaki Buaya Darat'), there is a waterfall in it (Man I already love this mall its so 'green'), there is a rooftop garden on open on weekends named Secret Garden of 1Utama. (didnt know why the name was secret garden but for sure I almost got lost in there).
There is more asides from having 'forest in a mall' which draw crowds to this award-winning mall. Ready 123 you can play battlegame here, futsal, rock climbing (not joking everything is really in here), go to gym, watch a movie or 2, shop till your 'plastic' bust/'paper' runs out, feast like all that you like!
Of course, there is an intention of my travelling so far to 1utama. 1st, the see the place for the 1st time & 2nd, to visit Pull&bear to see its clothes (I have been wanting to buy stuffs from this brand for like 2 yr already, but last time in Singapore due to lack of time totally forget about it!).
When I reached the Pull&Bear store, I see the price hmm boleh tahan mahal jugak ini macam Basic House, but the moment I see 'FURTHER MARKDOWN' at a section with prices starting from RM$19.90, OMG! Apa lagi terus grab some of the bajulah to try! Its like 60% discount! Those costing 69.90 only 29.90 & those 89.90 only 39.90!
A little history lesson on Pull&Bear, its a Spanish brand! Heard of Zara, ah dats the same company as Zara! They introduced new things like every week. Aside from Pull&Bear, it also got a brand named XDYE that was launched in 1998 to with clothes more trendy & fashionable according to the new millenium.
So, at the store I got myself 2 T-shirts 1 is priced ad rm49.90 normal now 19.90, another is 69.90 now 29.90! I wish I could grab more but there are not much choice left due to the very crazy markdown!
There is something which I dont know is it funny to you but its kinda rather amusing to me! When I see the receipt stating the brand retailer in Malaysia, I see Prasan Fashion! People in Brunei always saya prasan eh orang ani! Did that name came from the Bruneian cactchphrase? I dont know! Last time I had heard of Gamut & Gagan, now there is another name Prasan! Haha, fashion label companies names are really unique like their baju!
Enough, of talk now let me end this post with some pictures taken just now. Bye & have a great week ahead as Monday is 2mrw dont get any 'blues'! Salam Kemerdekaan 
I dont know if you can see it or not but on the picture is a sign of IKEA & The Curve in the nearby Mutiara Damansara township. Plus, there is a e@curve for you gamers out there, modelled after Cineleisure Orchard in Singapore
Pull&Bear 1Utama
See that Futsal centre, battling arena, pool, rock-climbing, karaoke, etc
Rules to follow before entering Secret Garden
The futsal & baseball centre view from Secret Garden Upper Rooftop
This is the suspension bridge I talked about earlier.Its in a section known as Rainforest.Rainforest also got the BBQ Plaza from Thailand with the patung buaya I talked about earlier, many other eateries
Dont know if you can see it but its the waterfall
The Bandar Utama signage
Another Bandar Utama signage on 1Utama
Iutama logo & an LED board
No your eyes arent creating illusions its a paddy field/sawah padi. Guess its Raya or Merdeka deco.Feels like walking near the sawah padi
See parents/datuk&nini bringing their children/cucuto learn about padi
This looks like a durung in the middle of the sawah padi

Hey, the scarecrow guy but it wont scare shoppers away though & it 'scares' birds 

No comments:

Post a Comment