Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pre CNy posting


Before CNY
                It’s been almost a month since I last blogged. I still can’t contemplate to have regular blog timing, and is amazed how some people can blog daily.
                The Lunar New Year of ‘Water Snake’ approach and the Year of Dragon comes to a fiery end on Saturday nite/Sunday. Let’s wish everyone celebrating Chinese New Year and people I know, Gong Xi FaCai Xing NienKuai Le. May The Year of The Snake Brings Everyone Good Health,Good Life and Prosperity.
                Speaking about CNY, this year marks the breaking of the CNY tradition that I called ‘1 Sabah,1 Johor’ (no I am not pledging allegiance to a certain political party) as in 1 year, our family will go back Sabah and another year Johor for CNY. No, we are not going for a CNY holiday, as its too costly and certainly not in our current financial situation. For the record, we went back to Johor for CNY last year, and surprisingly or not, we are going back to Johor again, due to ‘certain pressures’!
                The good news is I get to go to Singapore for some ‘Orchard Road shopping’ and maybe try my luck in MBS. In Johor, we might visit Johor Premium Outlet or the much talked about, Legoland. For our ‘Cuti-cuti 1Malaysia’, we would be going to Penang. Before going back to Singapore, we would spend a nite in Subang Jaya. I hope that some of my friends are already back from their CNY break in their hometown, so we could meet up. More on my CNY holiday after I return from my trip. Lets get to a few things that I would like to blog!
Crazy CFD Losses:Pause & Reflect
                If you remembered I have blogged about the huge losses that I suffered from CFD! Unfortunately, the $150 has also turned into ashes, pushing me further into red. Currently, I am taking a break from this ‘risky game’ to recoup some of my losses through survey work. At the same time,before I get back into the ‘game’ again, I have to reflect on my decisions carefully,so that I am not pushed further into losses! Again, I shall advice newbies, don’t dabble in these kind of things unless you are sure and not powered by greed!
Move House: Another Long Story
                Things are not looking any better since I first blogged about the ‘lease problem’, as of now there are still NO confirmation on where I will be staying the next sem. Hopefully, over this week and next week, they would have settled it,and provide some certainty. Otherwise, I am left on a ‘cliffhanger’.
                Seria has been my ‘home’ since 1997, Labuan which is my real hometown seems ‘foreign’. The prospect of moving out of Seria, saddens me. However, as this is not my decision as its related to where my dad will work in the near future,amid the end of a huge contract. This might be a logistical nightmare, as I would have to update my Bursa’s correspondence address as well as moving stuffs!
Fruits of Previous Investment
                Its been a while, since I last blogged about my share portfolio. My share portfolio value is facing a ‘roller-coaster’ ride, as the Malaysian market faces uncertainty over the upcoming PRU13. Let me share with you, some of the current quarter’s dividend distribution  and updates of my portfolio!
My Australian portfolio:CFX is expected to announce its distribution on 21 Feb, however based on previous release to ASX, they are estimating 6.8cents/share
From YTlGroup:I have just received 1sen/share from YTL.Starhill REIT has declared 3.58sen/share. Starhill Global REIT declares 1.13cents, however due to broker admin charges, I am not going to get the full amount
Interestingly, Sunway REIT which declares more than 3 sen (including advance distribution), is asking for a trading halt pending an announcement. Let’s see whether its good or bad!
Pavilion REIT declares 3.51sen
KrisAssets which would be delisted, upon the completion of all the corporate exercise, has provided me quite a windfall of $2.60 cash distribution. Its offspring, IGB REIT has also declared 1.83sen
CMMT declares 4.24sen
Last but not least, I have added KLCCP to my portfolio and I am wondering if it’s a correcr decision. In addition, DiGi will declare its result on Wednesday, I am anticipating 4-7 sen dividend

                Okey dokey, I shall blog again about my CNY in the near future.Once again Gong Xi FaCai and see you soon! Cheer!

No comments:

Post a Comment