Saturday, October 30, 2010

My So-called Mid-sem break


Genting cable car model


Uncle Lim or the late Tan Sri Lim Goh Tong handing over the company to his son, Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay





This is one of the new things in Genting. A musuem


Hey what is a Energizer battery doing up here?



World largest hotel, First World Hotel or it is not anymore?


Im in Paris? No in Malaysia

Petronas Twin Tower 2000m above


Oh my gondola Venice la gondola

Times Square

Superman


Statue of Liberty. Am I in New York?

This is Ripley's Believe it or Not and im your host, LOL!

That is no fruitcake, its a rocking climbing wall! (sorry for the picture quality)

Highest Starbucks in the world perhaps?

Hey its Ben 10, no its Big Ben!

Rudolph the Reindeer, hey where is my Xmas gift of iPhone4?

Nice word by 100+



Ku bersamamu, kemana saja DiGi Yellowman is even up in Genting but too bad no 3G!

Golden Gate bridge

Hoi An Bridge, where is this?

Wohoo roller-coaster and 3G blends well







Maxims Genting and Highlands Hotel


Model of Genting Highlands

Pavilion Deepavali deco




Oh yeah from Tokyo to KL, Uniqlo opening in 5 days aka Thursday! Wonder how long the que will snake thru!

After cracking my head, scratching my head till all the hairs fall off, making Google my best friend as well as visiting my tutor to look at sample essay as well as spending hours in library including 1 weekend, finally I have completed my Marketing essay. After all these 'hard work' kononnya, I am able to take my own so-called mid-sem break with my parents who coincidentally are in Semenanjung to attend a wedding. Where did I go? Hmm let see camp stone, LOL! I went to Genting Highlands or now better known as RWGenting, and before Genting its a nite stay at Mid Valley City (remember my posting regarding kena tipu, ah thats where I go) as well as after coming down from Genting, its a nite stay in downtown Bukit Bintang. More on these after, I had gathered my consciousness, seems that I had been 'drunk'!
At Mid Valley as usual went to my fav store, Robinson's to claim my RM$10 voucher which I have obtained thru my past purchases accumulation rebate. Actually, I was going to buy more clothing of my fav Korean apparel brand, Basic House but unfortunately NO SIZE pasal it was discounted at 50%, so cant buy anything. So rugi, since my parents are here and indirectly 'unlimited' resources for me to buy baju! Mid Valley stayed in Cititel, in a small room due to miscommunication and it aint cheap RM$220/nite!

Then on Thursday, after breakfast went uphill to Genting. Very interestingly, there are NO ROOMS available on a Thursday nite there. For the record:On Monday, I checked and there are still room. There could only be a reason: Genting is keeping rooms for their WorldCard members (Too much differentiation between member and non-member). As it cant be possible that 10,000 rooms up there is fully booked on a low season! Nevertheless, there are still other accomodation options in the form of other hotels such as Seri Malaysia. And interestingly, the rooms are even bigger than what you would get in Genting Highlands Resort at the same price! Last time, I remembered I stayed once in First World Hotel and the room was tiny and senang berlanggar, LOL! Before the existence of First World Hotel, I had also stayed in Genting Hotel (now is Maxims Genting), and of course with higher room rates the rooms are nicer. A comment on Genting marketing plans:When advertising room+breakfast from RM$45 make sure there are rooms or please accept last minute online booking! With the opening of RWS (also owned by Genting) and MBS in Singapore, RW Genting seems to still have a constant number of visitors. Ok an interesting tale to share when I was up there, do you remember few months back I went on a cruise and there was 'game of chance' aka slot machines and I have quite a good luck while playing it! This time around, I cant enter due to 'dress code' problems as I was wearing shorts. Damn! And the guards say ' Seluar pendek, pergi jogging dekat reception, LOL! Never mind, at least I wont lose any money or I had missed a chance to gain extra 'free' money! Oh yes by the way, 'I want nobody nobody but you in Genting as Wonder Girls are coming in December! So any people going up there to watch?

Oh yeah, while holidaying with my parents they asked about my relations with my classmates/housemates. Payah sekali aku nak jawab bab ini! So far its improving, as in my 3h break I have people to accompany me. But my parents ask whether did you have any gathering with your classmates. The answer is NO, as the reasons being: most of them live quite far from Sunway and you dont expect them to drive all the way up from KL to have a teh tarik session in mamak stalls right? In economic sense, it isnt viable (just imagine the traffic jam,tolls,etc). Another reason is we arent knowing each other quite well yet, so 'Man man lai' lah since there are still 2 yr into the degree course.

Ok, thats about it for my posting on my holiday break! Starting from today, its no more play2 time as exam is a matter of a little more than 2 wk. As Im aiming for HD in Accounting and 'mission impossible but can be achieved' for Marketing, its going to mean a lot of hardwork.

Happy Halloween Trick or Treat and where is my candies and enjoy ur weekend people!

No comments:

Post a Comment