Friday, October 15, 2010

Good but not enough

So there, you have it Malaysia the PM, Najib Razak has just tabled Bajet 2011 just now. Not going to cover all the points, you can go to The Malaysian Insider or other news websites for details, just going to cover some of the points that interests me. Overall, I was shocked but happy! However, I feel that there is something still missing.
10% sales tax on mobile phones to be abolished - According to a Malay Mail report this will reduce student's burden. For me, this will bring me closer to my dream phone of 2010, iPhone4. However, at this stage it is unclear whether telco DiGi and Maxis will reduce their prices or the price slash will be for the next generation of iPhone due in 2011?Update: Correction prices of smartphones such as iPhone4 arent going down as its not taxed, only normal 'brick and mortar' phone je yg maybe akan turun harga. This reminds me of the big & bulky Motorola yang macam water bottle that my dad once have.only call no SMS no twitter,fb,wap! Apologise for the wrong info people. But hopefully telcos can reduce a bit the price of iPhone4!
300 essential items import tax ranging from 5-30% abolished. These include suit, shoes, hair dyes, shampoo, underwear, sleepwear, perfumes, golf balls, wallets, clothing, talcum powder. When the PM was announcing this just now, the whole Parliament house was laughing, LOL! - Now more people can wear CK underwear LOL! However, at this point of time it is still blur whether retailers and major brands will reduce their prices. So we shall wait and see! (Urm, by the way I think I proposed this in the PM blog) Looks like there is going to be even more people queuing up at Uniqlo opening on 4th November after this announcement is being made
Service tax is now 6% - This is bad news for me who dines occasionally at Mcd, KFC, Kenny rogers, restaurants, food courts. An example a McValue meal that previously costs RM$6.25 will now costs RM$6.30, a mere 5 sen increase who cares about this. 5 sen je! My solution is to dine more at kedai kopi which dont charge service tax as now even worst mamak also got service tax! At first maybe demand will go down a bit, but when people dah biasa it will go up balik. Alah 1% je a 'national service' to our beloved Malaysia!
RM$50 million covered walkway between Bukit Bintang & KLCC - This is a good news to me as if I want to go to KLCC say for Bookfest I can also go to BB. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone or sambil menyelam sambil minum air
A RM$40 billion MRT - This will aid my travel around Klang Valley but wonder what are the routes. Really hope that it is convenient like SMRT in Singapore

Well thats about it that interests me. Hope you enjoy my analysis of this budget. See ya in 2012 budget!
P.S. Few years back it was biscuits and beehoon now its hair dyes, shampoo,underwear, golf balls! Malaysia is really FUNNI!

No comments:

Post a Comment