Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Triple 10 Reflections

Well hello there guess what its Triple 10 day,(10/10/2010). To make it more special my cousin as well as 2 of my Facebook friends are celebrating their birthday today.Wow so nice you guys sharing your birthday this yr with a special day that comes once in a millenium (simple words 1000 yrs)! or some people say once in 100yr why? The next triple 10 is in 2110. Logic no? Then the next should be in 3010, logic ok!
Lets have a little talk about the number 10. In Chinese its translated as Shi but some people go and beautify it to become Shi Chuan Shi Mei (Perfect 10). I remembered a dialogue in a Singapore movie, I Not Stupid Too that says 'Perfect 10 mah'. Haha, out of 100 you get 10 for test and you say perfect 10? The chances of you getting smacked by your parent are high!
So, this 'triple 10' day is a good time to reflect what had I done for the past 10 months & 10 days.
Travelwise I had gone aboard on a cruise ship and visited Phuket Thailand for the 1st time.
Educationwise I had completed my A Levels with a 'rather average' grade for good student but considered 'very good' for an average student. I had been rejected by NUS,NTU&SMU with 'low standard, limited spaces' reasoning. I had started my undergraduate life at Monash Malaysia & heading towards the right track of being a HD student god willing!
Financialwise I had lost quite a sum of money on a Prom Nite on the basis of 'too trusting Facebook' and 'last-minute work'
Life and friendship is still an area in which I am trying to find ways to overcome my problems as well as to find 'the right one'. If any1 got any tips on how kindly help me out by dropping a comment on my Cbox
Generally, the past 10 months and 10 days has been a roller-coaster ride for me in life in terms of financial,education and not forgetting life and friendship. I am sure that nothing will ever go smooth 365days straight right? If everything goes so smoothly without any challenges, then what is life? Life without challenges is just like watching a black and white TV while life with occasional challenges and surprises is just like watching a LED HD TV with a broken antenna, LOL! It will never be the same again *head thinking about iPhone4*
There are still 2 months and 20 days left for me & you all out there to fix what is there is need to be fixed (for me its my way of communicating with people & making friends), to improve what is there need to be improved (for me its improving my grades,improving my handphone by upgrading into an iPhone4,improving my wardrobe so that 'berlanggar baju' wont happen to me!) and lastly to let go things that have to be let go. Basically there are still 2 months & 20days for you and me to Improve,Fix & Let Go so that our lives can be cherished and exciting!
I shall end this posting with a picture taken at 1U last Friday. Cant believe there are so many people just for a 20% sale + free goodie bag (including me yeah we are kiasu bunch).
Weekend Quote:Be Kiasu If Required,Be Nerd If Required And Act smart

P.S. Situations are even going to be worst than shown in this when Uniqlo KL opens on 4th November.And I will be there to witness it and join in the 'Uniqlo KL madness'!

No comments:

Post a Comment