Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Day In A Life of an undergrad

Helo hi there, few days bk I was comtemplating which topics to blog for this wk and finally aka NOW I had made my mind to blog on a day in a life of an undergrad. I had been here for 2 months already and you people out there especially my fellow friends would like to know how is my life here. Is it stress or pretty manageable? Is it FUN or all work? Is it expensive or cheap living here? I shall answer all this in this posting
Lets start with Monday,
7 am:Woke up
After 7am:Take a bath, cuci muka & brush my teeth.
7.20am:Breakfast nothing special only Milo & bread since we arent allowed to cook in the hostel & I cant cook also (The last time I handled a gas hood in Brunei I nearly caused a BIG DISASTER!). 
7.45am:Pick up a copy of The Sun FREE paper & walked to the campus which is about 8min away (depend on traffic)
8am:Wait for library to open & go to use internet (Mind you our campus internet is very fast the last time I speed test its 15mbps). Usually read Brudirect, Brunei Times(I still keep in touch with Brunei happenings),download TODAY & Mypaper.
9am:Class start, Monday its Principles of Accounting & Finance. The class lasts for 1.5hr till 10.30am.
10.30am: Its either go to library or go to cafetaria to have 'early lunch'. If go library go to read newspapers/magazines or listen to online radio thru library netbook. Our library offer netbook rental
1pm: Balik hostel and go online/do revision/nap
5.30pm:Early dinner of nasi campur or daily special.Costs from RM3.4 up to RM6.8
6pm:After dinner went back up to room,go online til 7
7pm:Bath time
8pm:Listen to 988 Young Music House while revising/go online
10pm:Listen to 988 Night Show
11pm:Sleep time
So particularly my day is just like that 'plain as air kosong' everyday unless something comes up eg exhibitions,sales,etc. So far my normal programming had only been interrupted a few times for me to make a trip up to Bukit Bintang, KLCC, Shah Alam, Petaling Jaya,1Utama,Mid Valley.
Regarding cost of living especially makan issues, if you are smart you can find pretty cheap makan.Although you wont find something like nasi katok $1 here, if you found nasi lemak $1.5 its considered cheap already!
People who are active wont have this 'plain air kosong' day like me.They will have it filled with mamak outings with friends,clubbing, going to a gym, catch a movie, playing sports,etc. And from all these, I noticed something, that will be story for another time.
Till, next week this week quote is 'Think carefully before doing something'. Dont do it then regret later when something goes wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment