Thursday, February 10, 2011

Review: Royal Brunei Asian hospitality part 1

Before Summer Sem exam, I went back to Brunei in conjunction with CNY. Of course, I need to fly back, impossible I am going to walk back to Brunei (its across the South China Sea!). So there are 3 options MAS, Air Asia or RBA. MAS is super early so I discard this option. So left Air Asia and RBA. So I checked the price of both and asked my dad who is paying my ticket which one to pick since the price difference is only like RM$100+. He say better RBA so RBA is the airline that I use for this time!
RBA Flight KL - Brunei
Check-in was a breeze as I had performed Internet Check In earlier. Boarding was normal. However, since I was late in boarding, all the newspapers had been snapped up. So, I asked 1 of the flight attendant for a copy of Bulletin. I expect her to return ASAP with the newspaper but apparently either she forget or too busy. I end up had to beg/borrow the newspaper from a 'kakak' sitting beside me. 
There was a 'elder Chinese man' who was playing/reading some Chinese words on his phone even when the announcement for phone to be switched off is made. When the flight attendant was making her round before take-off to ensure nobody is using mobile phone, she tell the man to switch off but the man show the phone and say 'NO SIM', and she nodded. 'Fuh, takutnya aku tadi, rupanya tak ada SIM lega aku'! LOL! Can you imagine how takut I was when the man keeps on using his phone! 
Before the plane was ready for take off, there was a travel prayer being read to bless the journey. I dont know why some people make so much fuss over this. Personally, I feel 'safer' and since I had flown with RBA since 1997 (the 1st year I went to live Brunei, but the day I moved to Brunei I use ferry Suria haha can still remember clearly) its something normal to me. Mind you, that Singapore Airlines Brunei-Singapore sector also have this travel prayer video being put up.
After the plane had taken off and reached its cruising altitude, the crew sprang into action quickly and started preparing the meals as well as distributing headsets. Well to be honest, RBA Sky Show entertainment system is no match for SIA Kris World but its enough to entertain me for the 2hr short flight. The Chinese songs channel have some of the songs that I really liked example the one from Yen J Wo Xie Huan Bu Wo Ai and a few others. For the overhead screen, its How I Met Your Mother. Good choice I must say since everyone around me is talking about How I Met Your Mother. Hence, I changed my channel on my headset from the chinese music to overhead screen channel. The episode that they showed was about Suits. You want suit or the hot girl in the bar? After watching, I still dont get it why so many people like it, perhaps after watching more episodes I might get hooked to it or maybe not!
Makan time, the choice potato with chicken or fried rice with ginger fish. I choose fried rice with ginger fish. With the dish, there was a bread roll which apparently was 'imported' from RBC Brunei, LOL! And, also 3 slice of fruits (watermelon, pineapple & honeydew). Slurpp, now main course. Boy was I surprised, no more weird sayur like brocolli but instead a small piece of tofu, mushrooms and carrots. I was really pleasantly surprised that I can have tofu inflight haha. The meal was great, not at all any ginger smell, the rice was perfectly seasoned not too salty, and of course tiga sekawan was great too. Let me tell you something, previously I HATED inflight meal very much, I never/barely ate em! However, these few years I seem to like inflight meals!
Before landing, the flight attendants offered the passengers Fox candies. This is a good gesture I must say as the air pressure makes our ears pop and sucking a candy will solve this. So far, I had not seen any other airlines practicing this.RBA must be commended
The flight landed on time despite having to fly in a quite 'scary' weather as it was raining heavily. However, the baggage was so slow. I cant believe my eyes when I saw baggage of people that check in later than me come out 1st!

Thats about it for part 1 of my 2 flights with RBA. Part 2 will be coming up next

No comments:

Post a Comment