Thursday, February 10, 2011

Review: Royal Brunei Asian hospitality part 2

After a week of CNY and chillaxing with little productivity, I returned back to KL on Sunday to sit for Summer Exams.
RBA Flight Brunei - KL
Similarly like the previous flight, check in and boarding was smooth. This time I am a bit early and managed to grab the papers. Not one but 2: Brunei Times and Daily Mail! 
Entertainment for KL bound is almost the same again How I Met Your Mother the same episode on suits. However, the music on the Chinese songs has been changed on a monthly rotation. Since, its CNY so most of the songs are CNY songs
Makan time! The choice nasi lemak with chicken rendang or beef lasagna! Finally, I can taste RBA nasi lemak! I had too much of MAS nasi lemak already for the past years but not these recent years. The last time I tasted MAS nasi lemak is in 2008, nasi lemak with omelette and kacang panjang, wot! This time around, dont know why no bread roll! But the nasi lemak is tasty and the chicken isnt spicy nice for people who dont makan pedas, and also the sambal! The condiments was an omelette, peanuts & ikan bilis (nyum so crunchy). The cucumber was kept in a separate container! 
In this flight apparently, someone forget to take their 'dont laugh too loud' pil, LOL! The laughter of this particular passenger god knows who he is can be heard as its so loud. 'Helo mister, this is an airplane not kedai mamak! 
Airlines are cutting costs are the trend now. However, my passion of collecting airline collectibles makes me want to ask for some souvenirs. Hence, I pressed the 'call' button & a flight attendant came, I requested for pen & postcard. She said she will be back in a minute and I saw her finding the things and returned soon after with not 1 but 2 sets of pen and stationery folder with an apology! Hmm, dont get it why she apologise. I was just expecting a pen but instead hey look what I have got to add to my collection! I was also pleasantly surprised that RBA still produces stationery folders in times of airlines cutting costs! I think RBA pen quality is also getting better!
The flight arrived 5 minutes ahead of schedule and baggage arrived within 20min of arrival! 
Well, thats about it for my Royal Brunei experience. Last time I remembered that RBA tagline was 'Giving the world the Asia's best'. Sadly, I saw some people in the forum saying RBA was a LCC! Think its better to acknowledge RBA as a small airline with big dreams! May the good Asian hospitality of RBA continued to be enjoyed by all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment