Monday, December 6, 2010

Review:YES 4G gets my YES til today!

Before I start this post some disclaimer! It is not a paid ad but my frank view on the service! If you decide to subscribe after reading this posting, and found that the service is not as good as stated please dont blame me! The info presented may not be accurate when the time you read the posting, but it is deemed to be as accurate as possible at the time of posting. Here goes my review:
YES 4G have a shaky start with them having DOS attacks as they claimed, YES ID cant be signed in, website is too flashy, website is too plain, blablabla and the list still goes on!
However, whether this is expected or unexpected by users, they 'apologised' with 10GB FREE data valid til 19 Dec! With a note that was signed by its CEO, Wing K Lee. This was well received by users including me
Not only that, there is a blogger that keeps on attacking/condemning YES thru his writings in his blog for I dont know what reasons.Perhaps YES decision to brand itself 4G instead of Wimax, and a whole range of reasons!
I also have a fair share of my problems with YES. When registering/buying the Go! dongle, a sales team tell me pay RM$149 inclusive of RM$50 activation fi, but when I pay at the counter I was told its only RM$99 as RM$50 will be deducted from the FREE RM$100 credit that will be credited RM$10/month for 5 months. However, the question is how about people that pay RM$149, will they get full RM$100 credit or only RM$50? That is a question that YES must answer to its subscribers! And there is a lot of miscommunication in this issue.
Another problem that I face is with my YESlife, they claimed they had problems with Windows Vista running the problem and I had to wait for the new updated version of YESlife for it to be solved!
And with YEs, I became pro in calculation as I had to manually calculated every MB of my usage since the YES page isnt very helpful. But they are aware of this problem.
Now all those above are 'celefe' (supporting items), the main course is the speed! I must say YES had given me the most impressive speed that I had seen on mobile broadband. With 1 bar I can even reach almost 2mBps and with 4 bar the max I can reach is almost 11 mBps! Average I can get 4-5 mBps and upload 1.4 mBps! The upload speed is also very impressive between 400 up to 2.3 mBps! The real test that I had 'stress tested' the YES network is streaming LIVE for 6h the Mnet Asian Music Award from the red carpet up til the end! And it works flawless with a little short buffering only some of the times!
Now for those interested to get YES here are some basic info
Charge: Just like electricity Pay As You Use 9sen/3MB/SMS/min! Charging block is per MB! Min usage is RM30/month. People are complaining this as it advertises itself as pay for what you use only but there is this min usage clause! However for heavy users you get rebate use 2.5GB get RM9 rebate, use 3GB RM$23, and more than 4GB every GB you use get RM9 rebate! Definitely not suitable for bandwidth hoggers such as PPS and P2P that could eat up to tens of GB that would costs hundreds with YES instead of berpuluh or max 200-300 with Unifi, mobile broadband, Time fibre,etc!
Contract: Tada, You dont like the service just dUMP it!
Cap: No! Use as you please
Device from RM$99 (Go!)-RM$599 (4G phone). However I heard from my cousin who studies in a YES EPP program institution, they will get special pricing for the device!
Speed: 3-5X speed of 3G. No definite speed! But assuming, people wont bandhog the network speed should be good!
LaSTLY, Amazing Things Happen When You Say YES! YES gives you mobility, value and experience you have never imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment