Sunday, December 26, 2010

Lists: The Blessings

Well, if you had followed my blog closely lastly yr I had posted something known as The List as inspired from my reading of the book Chicken Soup for the Soul. Today, as I read another CSS series: Think Positive, it gave me another idea to do another listing, since my last project was adapted by Mizi as his blogpost in his blog. This time around, its known as 'The Blessings', which is a collection of 100 blessings that you are grateful for. Enjoy and hopefully you will be inspired to create a list of your own
  1. Being alive - I am thankful being alive and sitting here writing this blogpost. In Form 4, my Malay teacher back in Brunei, always ask us to be thankful to God for being able to sit in his class
  2. Being healthy - Health is Wealth. No matter how many money that you have, after you have gotten some disease/sickness, you wont be in your tiptop condition anymore. I am thankful that I havent been affected by any major sickness
  3. Being able to exercise - I am thankful that I can play basketball if I want to every morning
  4. Being a Malaysian - Malaysia by any means isnt a perfect country and no country in this world are free from flaws. I am thankful that I am living in a rather peaceful multiracial country
  5. Having enough to meet end meets - I must say my allowances are rather paltry compared to some people which gets almost RM3000/month. However, I am grateful that I can have 3 meals a day at minimum and occasionally shop and still can save a bit monthly
  6. In this world for 19+ years and counting on - In these 19 years, I have face a lot of leaps and bounds. In fact 2 incidents nearly 'put me 7 feet under', however God thinks its not my time yet hence I am still very much still here typing this post
  7. Beautiful home - I am thankful that I have a nice house to stay
  8. Creative writing talent - I am also rather proud & thankful that I have the ability to turn a sentence into an interesting 1. 
  9. Fast counting talent - I have to thank my ex tuition teacher for Maths/POA, Miss Yong for teaching me how to count fast. Its useful for me in my life
  10. Ever gone overseas - Over the past 19 years, I have travelled to many countries like Australia, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore
  11. Computer/Laptop - I am thankful that I have a laptop to be used which takes much persuasion to make my parents buy for me. 
  12. Memories - Good/bad memories will stay in my mind for as long as possible
  13. Cousins - I am glad that my cousin, Peter who is also currently in KL tries to find time to meet up with me
  14. Parties - Of course I appreciate these, so much fun and from one of the party I learnt how to drink
  15. Good books - I enjoy reading CSS series it inspires me so much
  16. Holidays - Who dont like holidays. Well there was an occasion that holiday was too long and I complained in this blog how bored I am
  17. Good teeth - Not really good but still manageable. Fixing it would cost a fortune
  18. Shopping bargains - I really appreciate the discounts that I get from my many discount cards
  19. Laughter - Its really a blessing if you can laugh
  20. Freedom - With me away from home, I am free to do anything I like e.g. I can go MOS every nite but no I practice 'responsible freedom'
  21. Mild climate- Weather patterns arent getting any normal no thanks to global warming. Thankful that Malaysia is still very much rain & shine country
  22. Travel - Im glad I can still travel to wherever I want to
  23. Comfortable bed - Just imagine yourself sleeping on the floor, then you will appreciate your bed
  24. Education - My parents had provided me with Chinese kindergarten, English Private School from Primary up til Secondary, Pre-U in English government school and uni in a Top 50 uni in the world
  25. Interesting TV - Ok this may not be relevant here since the TV cant be watched without aerial. But bakc home in Brunei, I have a LCD TV equiped with all Astro channels to watch as I please
  26. Peaceful beach - This reminds me of the beach which I always go as a kid 'Yatch Club'
  27. Family adventures - Im glad that my family had done a lot of travelling
  28. Safety from harm - Police/security are keeping us safe so we must be thankful to them
  29. Comfort - I may not have a lavish lifestyle but its comfortable
  30. Quiet neighbourhood - Most of the times, Sunway area is quite quiet
  31. Precious moments - I treasure all the happy moments that I have
  32. Glad I lived this long - As I mentioned before I had 2 incidents that nearly put me '7 feet under'
  33. Free time - Im glad that I can still have some free time despite my tight 5 day lectorial schedule
  34. A future - I see myself as an accountant 5 years down the road and from then on it could a successful entrepreneur
  35. Forgiveness -I am glad that I forgive people easily
  36. Electricity - Imagine living in a house that only have candle light
  37. Air conditioning - Trying living in a place that have 'natural aircond', perhaps you will attract mosquitoes
  38. Good company - I may not have a lot of friends but I sure got lots of good company to accompany me for movie,dinner,etc. These are people like JX, Ben, Deo, Willy, and back in Brunei Eric, Zaim (shall I mention names but then some of them whose names werent mentioned will be jealous)
  39. Good friends - These are to be treasured very much as its PRICELESS! People like Rabani, Harith and also friends that are more closer in online world than real world 
  40. That I have 40 things to be grateful for - For each of the things that you are blessed with its very valuable!
Too bad I can only think of 40 things instead of 100. Good nite its 2am now and what the heck am i doing here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment