Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happening Now: My Past 3 Days

XMAS CHAT
Well helo there Merry Xmas. I guess you all had a lot of turkeys, fruitcake (burp excuse me, LOL!), pudding, etc for your Xmas feast. Not to mention, lots of Xmas carol singing and also sure you did a lot of 'unboxing' of gifts. Bet some of you got laptops, iPad, iPhone4, iPods, or even cash in your Xmas stocking! In our joy of celebrating this 'blessful' Xmas, lets not forget that they are people who cant celebrate Xmas as lavish as we do or even cant afford to celebrate Xmas at all due financial constraints of the family. Lets hope that these people will be able to have a joyful Xmas next yr and we continue to enjoy our 'lavish' Xmas.
Enough of talking about Xmas, lets talk about what did I do the past 3 days. 1st up, on Thursday is the last day of lectures as Xmas Eve, 24th we were given offday!
'This is not a fire drill'
And on Thursday in the middle of Microecon lecture the loudspeaker boomed! 'Emergency, this is not a fire drill, please evacuate immediately' So all of us, enjoy our sweet time to walk to the Assembly Point. Someone who was among the smartest in our class said 'If this is a real fire I would have ran to the carpark rather than standing at the Assembly point to watch the building burnt down'. He has a point there in saying this, why would someone stand around near a place that catches fire, shouldnt we run as far as possible? Then, the OSH Manager of Monash gave a comment on our performance on the fire drill: 'If this is a real fire half of you would have died, you were supposed to go from where you are to the Assembly Point in less than 3min but you take 5min!' An our temporary 'efficient' or I say 'Ferrari lecturer', said 'If not for this drill I would have finished long time ago, dont blame me!'
'Drink, drank, drunk, conscious, dizzy, floating'
And of course, Friday being Xmas Eve! So, JX said Him, Ben, Tommy, Elaine & Shu Wern will have party tonite (last nite) at and we will eat & drink till all drunk, and ask me to join. So, I OK since I never experienced Xmas Eve party 'KL style' LOL! The waiting time for the party was very very long! Until, I know that he specially go to buy KFC at 1Utama which he says its better than other KFC outlets aka more crispy. Oh yeah, and JX brought a girl to join us, forget what is her name. And my goodness, the traffic at Sunway area was very BAD! All roads leading to MOS! So we reached Elaine house in Mentari Court quite late!
Before I continue on what happen let me describe Mentari Court as briefly as possible. Nearby there are KTM Komuter station, so its convenient for you to travel here & there! But, when you enter the block, OMG it looks like some houses like those sort of Pekeliling Flat perhaps because its an old block, like someone said 'like my grandfather house'! In addition, there are a lot of 'Awang Hitam' or more properly described as the Africans. But however if your budget is tight, its a good choice as according to Elaine her rental for a 3-room unit was only RM750/month not inclusive of utilities. And comparing my current rental of RM730 for a twin-sharing wef 2011 aka next wk, its a 'rip-off'. That why I am keen to rent a whole condo unit which could cost anything between RM3000-4000/month but if you get 8 people to stay together then its RM500/person. But I need to find 8 people which is kinda 'mission impossible'!
Back to the party story, after makan, we played a game 'The Circle of Death', nope it not a spirit calling game involving coins and cup. Its a game that only involves playing cards. How this works:the cards are arranged in 4 levels circularly and these levels determine the amount of liquor that a person have to consume, its either 1sip,2sip,3sip or 1 whole cup! You have to pick a card which obviously everyone started from the lowest level, and say whether is red/black. If you guess wrongly you have to drink but if you guess correctly then you can choose any of the player to drink. Understand, the rules let the game begins and may nobody got drunk haha! At first few cards, I say 'Ok Im safe from drinking any liquor tonite' But unfortunately, my luck ran out after 1st 2 cards and I gotta drink 1sip of wine (AKA this is my 1st time consuming alcoholic drinks, so here goes nothing)! 1st few sips of wine were ok, but when the wine were out of supply, the liquor was changed into Codka (Coke + Vodka). And Elaine said this vodka smells like nail polish remover while JX said the salesperson said its best seller! So, vodka is 30% alcohol compared to wine 12.5% so oh oh! But surprisingly its only coke taste just the smell of vodka only. To cut the long story short, the final card was during Ben's turn and unfortunately he guessed wrongly and had to drank 1 whole glass of Codka! Poor Ben last nite he gotta drink lots of alcohol!
And at the stroke of midnite, we all drank a glass of Codka to celebrate the coming of Xmas! I though ok Im still cool alrite just a bit dizzy however soon after the effects of the alcohol starting to come into power! I gotta rush to the toilet to muntah and after muntah, I feel like myself is floating, and it take quite some time for me to improve my situation to only dizzy! And some people like JX are 'sifu' in drinking, he can drink quite a lot and still can drive. So, its better that I learn to drink now rather than embrass myself infront of big taukes in the future when I start work. Its either now or sooner, never going to be never! But, I promise myself I wont touch any alcohol unless on special occasions like that of last nite!
Reached home at 1.30am, and straight away slept
Sea's of people
So just now, I went to window-shopped at Mid Valley. My goodness so many people, hardly got any space to breathe. Even in the KTM Komuter, it was packed to the max like sardin in cans. I wonder why they wont use the 6-car komuter? And all the roads in/out of Mid Valley was jammed! Even in The Gardens, which is a high-class mall also got a lot of people!
Enough of jams, lets talk about Xmas deco in MV. It was theme after toys yes toys. Remind you & me of the times when we were a child. There was bear, blocks, etc.On the other hand, The Gardens have a very beautiful xmas trees decorated with crystals/glass.
Went to MPH to 'hunt' for Klik (for your info I had hunted all the shops in Sunway Pyramid but they dont seem to have it). And found that Karnival Karangkraf is on 28-30Jan 2011. Wohoo, I can buy Klik, Remaja, Sinar Harian maybe at discounted prices and get gifts! Cant wait for it, the spoiling factor is its close to exam dates!
Had lunch at Room 18, where? not Room 13 (if you know what I mean, LOL!). Its a new dining concept introduced by Tai Thong Group, 1 of Malaysia's best Chinese restaurants group. Why did I choose here instead of the usual 'affordable' food court? From my earlier scouring of blogs, found out that they sell Venison (Deer/Rusa) meat which I badly wanted to eat! Since Room18 is part of Tai Thong I expect it to be good but .... please read on. No doubt the food was good but the service is extremely slow, I gotta wait almost 25min for the drink to be served and 30min for the food to be served, perhaps because its peak hours thats why its slow! Instead of letting people wait 25min for a drink to be served, its better to serve the drink within 5min of ordering! What I like is they have a wide range of tea for you to choose. I have Pu Er tea (RM2/glass), and my meal if of course ginger spring onion venison meat + rice which comes with a bowl of soup/curry sauce with taupok & very 'cute' fishballs (RM13.80/set). The fishballs was very  springy aka Q too bad there was only 4 haha! Even better, they accept Debit Card even below RM20, which is kinda good news to me, as I really 'sakit hati' if I had a quite expensive meal and had to pay in cash, by paying using Debit Card its less painful phychologically, LOL! And also from October til January, Public Bank is offering 3% cash back instead of the normal 0.3% on dining, air tickets, movies, hotels, so added incentive for me to use debit card. So Im sure to patronise this Room18 again as they seems to be the only restaurant I know that sells venison meat! Hope they open an outlet in Sunway Pyramid though.
Movie & Teh Tarik Nite
In the evening (just now), had dinner at Rock Cafe with Deo & his friends. After that we were forced to run here & there to find a cab to Pyramid as they plan to catch a movie and 'my coming wasnt expected so they only got 3 tickets'. Finally found a cab and say Pyramid terus say 'TAK MAU JAM!' So we decided to have a 'fast walk' to Pyramid thru the newly opened Canopy Walkway & fortunately I was able to get the movie ticket. 
We watched Meet The Parents - The Fockers. My goodness it was so funny, a good stress reliever for me! There was a scene when the cat telan the gecko but Greg managed to make the cat to spit it out! Then there was another scene, Greg was cutting the turkey then suddenly saw the gecko and cut on his fingers! So funny and the name of the characters such as Gaylord, Focker (Im sorry Im not cursing anyone), lots of funny scene and it got a little aggresive towards the end as Greg fights with his dad-in-law. And there was this Early Human School, my god so high tech! Kindergartens kids you teach them how to draw potrets, learn about brain, etc!
After the movie we went to have tea at mamak stall actually at Jaafar's (1 of the most popular hangout in Sunway). Someone had shisha apple flavour and said it wasnt enough 'kick' compared to smoking a cigarette. I had roti canai of which someone said was crispy and nice but unfortunately maybe because its nite already, they already prepared in advanced and I got a cold hard roti! Had a nice chat on variety of topics over teh tarik, teh o kosong and teh o ais limau. 
I really had an enjoyable time with them (Both of the nite the Xmas Eve party at Elaine's & Movie Nite with Deo & friends) 
Xmas A Season of Giving
I am usually not very generous during normal days. Hence, Xmas is a time for me to compensate my 'stingyness' towards people by giving some small gifts in the form of $10 topup. I have started this since last yr, so this yr I continued with the tradition. In addition, I had also treated Deo & his friends just now at Jaafar's as a Xmas gift although it doesnt look like a gift. Yes, Xmas is a season to give but I dont expect anything in return for my small gift. Its a sincere gift from me, but whether Im really sincere or not is for those recipient to judge by themselves. I always go by the principle 'What goes around comes around' Some people may think this is a way to 'buy friendship', NO WAY AT ALL I STRONGLY DENIED IT! How can you buy FRIENDSHIP? Tell me its PRICELESS! Even though Im kinda lonely with little friends, Im not desperate to the MAX until resorting to these kinds of things. I cant be the Santa Claus to people I know since I have no financial capabilities, however it is hoped that these small gestures will make someone a happy camper

Well I guess thats it, and someone complained TL, DR regarding my blog, thus I have break up into a few parts. Coming right up is something inspired by my reading of the book Chicken Soup for the Soul: Think Positive. 
Good nite & Enjoy The Weekend
P.S. My embrassing pictures taken in Xmas Eve party will be uploaded when I got hold of them

No comments:

Post a Comment