Monday, February 23, 2009

23 feb 09

25 years ago, Brunei achieves its independence from Britain on 1st January 1984, but it was celebrated on the 23th of February. Today, Brunei is 25 years old, still young and energetic. History class are boring aren't they? zzzz..
Today, I went for a marathon to and back the town 2 times, to get a couple of things, as well as some commemorative stamps from the post office.
Lives are getting tougher, classes are getting more difficult, exam dates are fast approaching, pocket moneys are lesser, but we must weather this storm, as every 12 year cycle, the world is in turmoil.
While looking at online news on Brunei, I read about the PWM Gala night held yesterday, where 400 Malaysian students were awarded for their excellent academic achievements in the year 2008. Some of the winners were from SMSA. I wished that next year, I will be able to get one of those awards. So, on that note, I shall make my move to the exit door of the AS/A Level Academy Awards aka do outstanding h/w dues!
P.S. The Academy Awards results:
Best supporting actor- Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)
Best supporting actress - Penelope Cruz (Barcelona)

No comments:

Post a Comment