Friday, September 17, 2010

My Raya celebration

Yeah, I know its kinda late to talk about how my Raya goes as its last week story. But, as you know my laptop is trying to play a game with me aka rosak til its fixed on Wednesday! In addition, I got tons of Marketing work to be rushed for completion as its due 2MORROW! Yikes, thank god I managed to get it done today! So, I had time to ramble about my Raya now!
For my Raya, I went out of Bandar Sunway again! Where to? To Shah Alam to attend the Selangor state government Raya open house at i-City. i what? This reminds me of my school trip with my SMSA mates to i-centre last December! Its amusing that they all think i-centre is a place that makes ice-cream, iPod, eyes, etc (courtesy of Ong's blog). i-City is also known as City of Digital Lights, to be simple its mega i-centre! Its not fully completed yet but people are already thronging to this place to see its beautiful LED light displays every nite! The sad news is I almost got lost on my way to i-city, luckily I am on the right track so I am able to reach there! 
Lets talk about the Rumah Terbuka shall we. There were various types of foods on offer, however the choices of drinks are quite limited. Some of them include kuih Raya Ampang, roti canai Puchong, teh tarik Shah Alam, laksa Kuala Selangor, soto Kg Jawa, cendol Banting, nasi minyak Meru, etc. There is even vegetarian food on offer. However, the drinks only teh tarik & air kordial are available not even air kosong! And of course, the MB distributes 'duit raya' which was 'laku macam goreng pisang panas' it was snapped in a few minutes only! The emcees of the day are Sharifah Syahirah & Salih Yakob, 2 of Malaysian well-known 'pelawak aka pengacara'. Reports from the media stated that, tens of thousands of people came to this open house.
After 'makan', I snapped up some pictures from i-City which is the prelude of this posting. Enjoy them & dont tercekik on your kuih Raya or kuih Mor! See you in next posting
i-City entrance
LED lights displays
More LED light displays
Look at that so many people!
Look at the crowd!
Raya deco
Main stage
Parts of i-city, i think its named City Walk
More LED displays
i-City still loading
The whole i-City view
KTM Subang Jaya

No comments:

Post a Comment