Saturday, January 1, 2011

Kalaidescope:2010 Tales from Me

Well what do you know, we bid farewell to 2010 few hours ago, now we are in 2011. Brand new year, and brand new decade, of course these comes with new challenges to be faced and new possibilities to be explored.
My 2011 resolution is to erase from the minds of people that I am a 'cold' attitude person, and if erasing is not possible then I wanted to change people's perception of me. Another resolution is to keep up this resolution till the end of 2011. However, 2011 was a rocky start for me as I got sick on the 1st day of the new month, new year and new decade. Now, this will give me an idea of what lies ahead for me for the next 364 days and beyond. Enough of crapping and I have got lots of complaints that my posting were too long, hence for this posting I will keep it as short as possible.
Education: Passed my A Levels with 2A 2B. This is rather good result for the average student but bizzare for a good student. After a series of appeals and disappointment, finally I was admitted into the August 2010 intake for Monash Malaysia Bachelor of Business & Commerce
Financial: Lots quite a bit in organising the Prom Nite, of which we depended on the Facebook for selling & promoting our event. However, this lost was partly compensated when I got the BLNG Achiever Award which includes a cash prize of $400. At KL, I got my very own Visa Debit card,  but its not a license for me to simply swipe it although sometimes I did do that, hehe
Travel: 1st time in my life I went onto a cruise. And tried my hand at game of chance hehe, won quite a bit but in the end lost back. As people say the house always wins! Locally, I have travelled to many parts of KL/Selangor e.g. Mid Valley, 1Utama, Bukit Bintang, Petaling Jaya, KLCC, i-city and of course not forgetting Bandar Sunway
Life Skills: Got my L license after failing written test once, now Im currently learning how to drive with Cikgu Kamal of Metro. He is a patient man but at the pace that Im learning I guess it will take ages for me to get my P lesen. On another lighter note, in my previous postings I had stated that I have tasted alcohol for the 1st time in my life during the Xmas Eve party. Its better to learn how to drink now, rather than 'throw faces' in front of the big taukes, in business dealings in the future, LOL!
Entertainment; Had quite a bit of entertainment in 2010. For instance watching live from Arena of Stars, PWH Music Awards and just recently ntv7 Star Live Concert in Bukit Jalil. And in 2010, I watched quite a lot of movies and for your info I last went to cinema, like 13 years ago! This year I have watched Meet The Parents, Skyline and another was a horror movie, forget the title to 'cure' my depriveness of cinema LOL!
Tech Matters: In KL I have experienced the service of a few ISPs. They were Sunway Digital Wave (slow but free), DiGi Turbo 3G/DiGi Broadband (fast at certain times), Maxis Broadband (poor), Monash internet (very fast), and just recently I said YES to YES4G (very fast at certain times, constant in most of the times and peak time slow). As a student, I need to bargain hunt for the cheapest & most reliable internet connection, hence these I have used so many ISP services to test em
Human Relations: It was rather good, but it started quite shaky as most of the times I gotta do things alone (eating, travelling, etc). When, I started to join them in their Movie/Dinner nites, feel that I was being accepted to their groups. Yeah although, there were 'bad' influences from some of them, it was rather mild aha, but some of them were bringing good influences. Well from the current stage, i would say Im a company rather than friend to them, but if they think otherwise is good to know that.
I guess thats about it for my 2010 tales, by the way before I ended this posting.Let me tell you what I did during New Yr eve briefly.
Went to have dinner with Ben, Michelle, Sally, Elaine (ok there is 3 Elaine in our batch of students, this is Elaine from sabah) & Jen Yang at BBQ Plaza. Bumped in to JX, someone JX loves, Elaine (see more confusion, this is Elaine from Brunei), Shu Wern, Andrea & another guy. Pyramid was pretty small huh for us to bumped into a few of our coursemates in a nite, just like back home in Seria (starting to miss home syndrome). After dinner, we went to TGI Friday for card game till midnite & had countdown there, Quang joined us here for the games. And when, we wanted to exit the carpark it took us more than 1hr as there were a series of 'queue-cutting'. Those in Jen Yang car were speculating how long we will exit the carpark, as the car was parked on the Rooftop and its quite a few floors to exit it. Well, fortunately after some deadlocks, it was smooth and we reached Sun U at 2.15am

Well thats about it for 2010, as 2011 opens there was already a lot of planning for after exam activities such as the whole class go clubbing at MOS, while another suggested to have the famous Sate Haji Samuri in Kajang. I say since its CNY still after exam, maybe we can have a big Reunion Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment