Saturday, January 15, 2011

Review:Room 18 is better than last time & Great Day is indeed great

Well hello there, guess what today Im super hyper, why? Because I went to 2 malls in 1 day! Usually I went to only 1 mall in a day but today I think Im overexcited hence visited 2 malls. I went to Mid Valley as well as 1Utama. At Mid Valley, as usual went to my favourite department store Robinsons to check out my fav brands from Korea, Basic House & The Class. Unfortunately, there are not much new arrivals and also the new arrivals are Winter clothes. You dont expect me to wear a jacket on a hot 1st day of CNY right? I also went into a few shops in The Gardens, but got shocked by the price tag (well I still can afford it but its kinda too much LOL!). For example, Banana Republic shirt RM209! Hence, to cut the long story short I dare not to enter any other shops such as AIX. I went to Isetan well the brands they sell are ....... not my taste!
In 1Utama, I went inside Zara and again shocked by the price tag! Luckily, Zara will hold their warehouse sale I guess soon.Well, thats about it for the opening, the stories of me frantically went to 2 malls and got nothing, LOL! Now, the 2 main course, enjoy it!
Food Review: Room18 gets better
Remember, few weeks back I blog about my experience at Room18 and how slow the service is! Well guess what, today as I went to Mid Valley again, I went for my lunch there again! My order same like last time, with the addition of char siew chee cheong fun (RM8.80++). This time around the food arrive in 15min, which is half of the 30min taken last time! 
My comment on the chee cheong fun, I like the fact that they have 1 stalk of vegie with it, and the soya sauce is separate. This is good for people who dont want to eat salty food. However, the chee cheong fun is a bit sticky and not really smooth. Tai Thong can do better than this. 
Lets comment a bit on the pricing of Room18. Well its pricey but once in a blue moon have a great meal its ok wat. As I just have a very stressful week trying to figure out how to do my Management report, I deserve to be rewarded! However, I think the venison meal that I had is reasonably priced at RM12.80++, since venison meat is quite rare, few restaurants I went and looked at the menu but NON! 
Movie Review: Great Day is indeed great
Since its almost CNY, its time to get into CNY mood! Hence, I went to watch Great Day, a Malaysian CNY production at GSC 1Utama. GSC ticket prices of RM11 are cheaper than TGV RM14 for public holidays/weekend. Even the popcorn set is cheaper a large popcorn and 2 regular drink costs less than RM10 while that of TGV more than RM11. The bad thing about GSC is there is a lot of ads before the movie starts, so much of GSC being the no.1 cinema in Malaysia, LOL! And by buying a popcorn set, I got very nice angpau packets. Never mind its promo material, at least its nice, LOL!
Right about the movie, too commercial related eg promoting Astro, Da Ma Cai (at least they dont promote Maxis, LOL!). Never mind about Eu Yan Sang, Spritzer and Nippon Paint as its the movie sponsor. The movie make me laugh and at time I almost cried! This movie teaches you about filial piety.
And I notice that there are some subtitle errors, dia datang is written as dia dating. Do you know  how far the difference of the meaning is? Again while at a RapidKL bus, I saw Great Day ads, I says on cinema from 13 January 2010? Huh? Astro can do better than this! 
Now onto some of the quotes from the movie that I like 'No matter rain or shine, everyday is still a great day'. 
Is it worth you money? Well, if you got the cheapest tickets it certainly does, LOL! Oh by the way most of the screen timings are FULL HOUSE! I wonder if people go to watch (include me) because of support Malaysian production or its really good? For me, I watch because I am too tired of watching English movies already and also of course support Malaysian production. 
Coincidentally, after the movie there is a meet n greet session at 7.30pm. Present were the director Chiu, some of the actors & actress Royce, Vivian and Wan Wai Fun. As well as the singers of the theme song Rainbow house, Fyone and Stephanie. I got a postcard by answering a question, and the postcard was autographed by the 4 persons, as well as I also got my ticket autographed. Its really priceless!
Right I shall end here, my brain juice is drained thinking about my Management report for the whole week. 
No more assignments to worry for me, but there are still a few classes to attend as well as compulsory subjects exam to be taken.
Tomorrow I am going shopping or look look again nearby Sunway Pyramid, Empire and Subang Parade. Let see if I can buy something and get the Sunway Pyramid very nice angpau.

No comments:

Post a Comment