Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Travel Express

Well hey people, I am finally admitted to NUS! Yeah right, in my dreams! So far no news yet so just wait & wait & wait.
Welcome aboard My Travel Express a new concept in My Life, My Expression blog. I am your tour guide for the duration of your stay in this Travel Express & hope you will enjoy your stay here. Kindly offer some tip$ comments before you leave. I will bring you on a trip to Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand,  Taiwan, & not forgetting Brunei. Its departing right about now!
1st station of the Travel Express will be Taiwan. A brief intro on Taiwan:
  • Capital - Taipei
  • Also known as Republic of China
  • Currency - New Taiwan Dollar (NTD) Approx B$1=NTD$25
  • Famous for Taipei 101, bullet train, xiao chieh (snacks) & bubble tea
  • People mostly speaks Mandarin or Minnan/Hokkien but English could be understood in cities & commercial areas
Some interesting facts on Taiwan
  • When 'lori sampah' comes there is a music, not like our Bandaran 'lori sampah'
  • There are more than 10,000 convenience stores across Taiwan, 7,000 of them are 7-11 & the rest are smaller brands like Family Mart, OK, Hi-Life
From Taiwan, we travel back to Brunei a Kingdom of Expected Treasures where the Royal Birthday celebratory mood is still on till August. Some of the very interesting events that had been anticipated by citizens, residents & tourists are the 'bersama rakyat' session in all the 4 districts in Brunei as well as the 'night market' or locally known as 'Perayaan'.

Before I end this posting, I leave you with pictures from Taiwan as well as Brunei. Our jouney shall continues in the next blog posting of My Travel Express where we will explore Taipei.

HM The Sultan of Brunei in one of the 'bersama rakyat' session (google images)
Kaya aku kalau ada duit sebanyak ini stacks of NTD$1000 (google images)





Taiwan famous bullet orange train (google images)



Sotong tutuk $1 Pakcik LOL! Suasana di gerai perayaan (google images)




Since, this is my 1st time posting a travel blogpost I do apologise should this posting may annoy any of you directly or indirectly. In addition, I do welcome any suggestions & criticisms on my new concept thru my Cbox on the right hand side of this blog.
Till, next time Happy Travelling & Thank You For Boarding My Travel Express

No comments:

Post a Comment