Tuesday, July 10, 2012

2 RBA Flight Review: KL-Brunei,Brunei-Melbourne

While listening to my favourite radio show, 988 Night since I was living in Sunway 2 years ago, I shall continue to write another blogpost. Albeit the 2 hour time difference, I am still able to listen to the radio show since my 'body clock' is still not very adjusted to sleep according to Melbourne time!

I returned back to Brunei on 30th June, flying with Royal Brunei. The fare was just slightly above Air Asia fare, so it was a very obvious choice. A very quick review on the flight. It seems that cost-cutting is in progress or maybe not, maybe Im unlucky. All Borneo Bulletin copies are snapped up, so I had to settle with a copy of Brunei Times. The meal was pretty nice, Hainanese chix rice complete with the chilli n soya sauce condiments. Not as fragrant as SQ ones, since RBA have this concept of 'Food Fit to fly by' or in easier to understand terms healthy food with less salt. And surprisingly, metal cutlery is back!Oh BTW did I mention that my baggage was overweight by a staggering 17kg so I end up paying more than RM$200!

On the other hand, the flight to Melbourne was not what I had expected from RBA. Perhaps its an overlook due to full flight? I wrote a rather long email to RBA and got a even longer reply from them. The same thing happen again, with all Bulletin copies snapped up! However, the meal was a little less desirable. Luckily, the meal tray was larger with more contents (cheese and cracker). My meal was fried rice with beef was ok. The meal wasnt warm enough and surprisingly or maybe not plastic cutlery is being used. The cabin crew did many rounds to check on the passengers, but since I couldnt open my mouth as they pass, I pressed on the call button instead. Surprisingly, I had to press 2 times to get their attention. When its almost time to descend, some snacks of Oreo and peanut butter biscuits was being offered with a choice of drinks. Next up, the poor lady beside me had to endure with a broken PTV for the whole flight. Surprisingly, the PTV fired up during descend!

If travellers happen to read this RBA is not a bad airline. Its customer engagement thru social network such as Twitter is very good as far as Im concerned. I get many issues settled this way! The crews are attentive and sometimes they can be found always smiling throughout the flight. Lets hope that things would be better for RBA when they get their Dreamliner 787 soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment