Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Week That Twas!

So, I had been almost a week Im back to KL for 2nd sem 1st yr of my degree! Lets break the stories up into a few small parts. Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Air Asia Flight
The flight well nothing to shout about since its AirAsia, an LCC. Well there was some delay I supposed is caused by the pretty uncomfortable air condition.I think the worst turbulence that I had experienced!
In Brunei Airport, when the loaders were unloading cargos/bags/etc from the aircraft, suddenly a few kotak of Dell products fell off as the hatch was opened! Wonder if the computer was damaged. And apparently, there were a lorry + of Dell products, and some of the people who were waiting said 'They just umban aja'!
Since its an afternoon flight I decided to order nasi lemak for my 'early dinner'. I came with a small tiny cup of tea/coffee. Costs RM$12 but its really filling, the rice was fragrant, half an egg, some ikan bilis,few pieces of chicken rendang and a whole lot of sambal.I must say the rendang was a tad too spicy for me compared to what I had in my previous flight with RBA!
New Sem,New Vision
New sem, new target to be achieved! For the start, let me talk a bit about my Summer results, not great but I passed with credit, ok finish! The biggest shock of this sem is the amount of work that have to be put, as well as a Law book that costs $399 despite of floods,drought,etc in Australia (man Australia is very costly). So far so good for the lectures and tutorials! But its only 1st week and still 11 weeks to go! Haih! And I guess I knew nobody in the tutorials since I choose the 'less laku' ones haha
Movie Nite
Of late I had been playing an online treasure hunt on Fb organised by Maybank FUN! The organisers decided to book a cinema for movie nite on Thursday. So, I registered for it and it was held at GSC Tropicana City Mall. After my dinner at Room18, went for registration & got goodie bag! Event started at 8pm, and movie 127 Hours started at around 9pm. Before movie there was a speech on NEXT programme (if you want to learn how to be rich and have a chance to meet the top bosses in Malaysia like the man behind YES4G, Tan Sri Francis Yeoh of YTL, the man behind Now Everyone can fly, Dato Seri Tony Fernandes, and more!) as well a beach ball game (not kidding a beach ball game in a cinema). In the game there were cash prizes, food, Starbuck vouchers! Although I was entitled for the Starbucks voucher but apparently the official didnt see me hence forget about me, and I have no luck in winning the RM180/100 cash prizes! But had a great nite though!
Zoom to Robinsons
Yesterday, I went to Robinsons (again!) to go for the GP sale preview for Robinsons cardmembers! Only bought a T-shirt UP RM69 but I only paid RM$47.10 (less RM$15 voucher that I earned + 10% disc). And they were serving good coffee, mind you not Nescafe or Super or Power Root but Italiano coffee thats made one by one! You can have latte, capucino or espresso! All for the customers
Say YES again?
News reports state that YTLComm aka YES4G is exploring to apply for license to offer its service in Sabah & Sarawak, which is a good news to me. For the record, Sabah & Sarawak dont have Unifi like Semenanjung do hence the main ISP is Streamyx.Hence if YES is coming to 'other side', Sabah & Sarawak will be enjoying full blown 4g speed with voice n SMS in a package. In addition, after 105 days of service, of which the 1st few days was a disaster but YES managed to make it up with a 'sorry gift' of 10GB for early adopters, it had carried over 1 million min of calls, almost 700k of SMSes & a whooping 105TB of data! It is also revealed that more than 100k of people had 'said YES' aka used YES service (proud to say include me). Finally, 80% of customers (including me but not lately) are satisfied with YES!
Yesterday, YES added more value n device into its offering. There is now a V68 (valuepack68) with 3.5GB,150 min of calls + SMS & V150 with 10GB,250 mins & SMS. For EPP, campuspack28 with 1Gb,100min,400SMS.
For device the much awaited Zoom is launched at RRP of $399, while the not so nice 4g phone Buzz is launched at $499 (which is lower than previously stated $599)
For the record, I have purchased a valuepack and still cant used it yet, perhaps its my fault or YES system need sync training!

Thats about it folks, i catch you up soon! too much to do. Before I go, just got a new roomate from Penang, a Med & Bioscience student. Gotta gotta go bye

No comments:

Post a Comment