Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome 2010, KK Trip & more


This is it here it comes and poof hello 2010, sayonara 2009! 1st of all the blogger of this blog, ahem dats me The Cool as Ice Blogger & this blog My Life, My Expression would like to wish our readers, advertisers (kononnya), partners (Nuffnang, because I’m a member of Nuffnang) & everyone a happy & safe 2010. May 2010 is a better year for us, the bloggers around the world to express our thots without fear & repression. I better start blogging about my experience in KK & other stories, before my creativity juice runs dry. I will try to keep it sweet & simple but also comprehensive in certain parts. Here goes
Day 1 (Xmas Day)
On a Friday afternoon, Brunei Airport was so quiet as usual, so I went around the departure hall snapping pictures. Flight to KK by Air Asia was normal, & I had to say on this flight the pilot’s announcement was kinda amusing. There was also Music on Air radio station minus the DJ onboard to entertain the passengers. ‘Thank you for making us the World Best Low Cost Carrier’ LOL!
Day 2 (26th December 2009)
At noon time, went to City Mall to shop for stuffs for the party tonite. The party was to celebrate ‘party pindah rumah & baby cukup umur 1 tahun’. Lots of outsiders were present, so I stay within my circle of relatives.
Day 3 (27th December 2009)
Yahoo! 1Borneo is the place that I went today. The actual plan was to shop only inside Parkson but instead I & my cousins wondered around ‘window shopped’ at shops like Esprit (like 1 T-shirt on offer RM49.90, but can't buy tak cukup duit hehe), Tropicana Life (also like T-shirts from here but its far too costly RM51.90). My cousins bought shirts from FOS & Baleno, while I just got some half-priced items from Parkson haha cheapo me! I wanted to watch movie at 1Borneo but when we reached the cinema OMG so….so long the queue, so change plan balik rumah main computer/YouTube since there is free wireless courtesy of my cousin .
Day 4 28th Dec 09 (Scene Minta Kalendar @ Suria Sabah)
After breakfast, went shopping @ Suria Sabah. For those who have no idea where is it & what is inside there let me give you an insight. It’s just beside Wisma Merdeka, near Standard Chartered. Some of the shops in here are Metrojaya (a big department store from KL, just landed in Land below the Bayu), VOIR Gallery (inside got sell many brands like SODA, VOIR, G&H, Diadora, etc), Times the Bookshop, Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa (eh kenapa awal jual abis nasi lemak itu bah aku mau makan bah), Converse, etc. The mall was so sunyi since it was not fully opened yet. 1st let me tell you what I buy here in VOIR Gallery, I bought a half-priced T-shirt & a jeans shirt. I got a free watch worth RM79.90 for spending more than RM200.
Now comes the interesting part, MINTA KALENDAR! This happens in Times Bookshop Suria Sabah. There was a man (definitely not me, I wouldn’t make a big trouble like this just because I wanted a FREE calendar) who was paying his purchase just before me. He purchased more than RM100 which entitles him to get a bag, however the cashier told him finish already thus offered him a notebook as well as give a discount. The man later asked for a calendar & the cashier pointed to a section of the shop. Now, the FUN starts right here!
Man: Aiyoh yoh no FREE calendar
Cashier Man: We don’t give FREE calendar
My cousin: Maybe after Chinese New Year (my cousin interrupts the man)
Man: B******t la, so late already. Everyone before a new year already give calendar. Why this Times no good one, I want to see your Manager! Where is your manager? I don’t want to speak to you the low ranking worker.
Man: If Times got print calendar, helps to promote the bookstore. Right?
Me & my cousin just smiles
Man: See they also agree
Man: The book not many one here
Cashier Lady: This is because we just opened
Man: Eh dey Times Bookshop Warisan Square already open 2 years still the same. I want a book they say tak ada tak ada
Cashier Lady: You can order but slower
Man: In KL Times I want a book they say wait Sir I will find for you
Cashier Lady: Sabah not advanced like Peninsular Malaysia
Man: See MPH also doesn’t have in Sabah, only Popular & Times. The Times here not same like Times in Semenanjung
Both cashiers just smiled
Man: The Popular here is for PRIMARY kids. The Popular in Singapore is BEST IN ASIA 4 STOREYS!
Ok, after this heated conversation finally the man willing to give up pay & lari! After that then it’s my turn to be served, it was a good thing that the cashiers didn’t say bad things about that customer after he leaves. My cousin says ‘Bukan orang Sabah barangkali dia tu, kalau orang tidak mau kasi kalendar buat apa minta2 kalau ada ambillah kalau tiada diam2 sajalah’. I really salute the cashiers act like macam nothing happened. Times Bookshop I suggest you give your cashiers a reward for dapat tahan dengan perangai orang tu, kalau aku cashier tu aku debate sama dia! As for that man, I say ‘yes we in Borneo Island including Sabah & Brunei do not live in trees anymore, but we are not as advanced like Semenanjung, so please be patient’ Lunch was at Kenny Rogers Roasters, I remembered few years back Brunei had a Kenny Rogers in Kiulap but it had to close down, too bad! 4 storey Popular havent heard about it yet? Is the man making up stories?

Day 5 29th December 2009 - Boys Day Out
Today, I went out with my cousins by bus. It was quite easy though getting to the city by bus. The issue is crossing the busy 4-lane Coastal Highway (Lebuhraya Pantai Baru KK whatever the translation) in front of Plaza Wawasan from Terminal Wawasan (bus station). Good thing DBKK pandai berfikir & put a zebra crossing with pejalan kaki traffic light to ease crossing kalau tidak hmm tak dapat saya bayangkan berapa kemalangan yg akan berlaku! First, we went to Plaza Wawasan browsing the gerai2 as 2 orang cousin saya tu nak belikan sesuatu to their Xiao Kuaikuai or girlfriend. Cari punya cari tak de, depa tak jual! In the middle of wondering around, ternampak pula orang yg macam aku kenal hmm siapa dia? After Wawasan, we make our way to Centrepoint. Otw to Centrepoint, we passed by Api2 Centre & saw shop named Korea Mart. Di depan kedai itu, ada SS501 big poster. Then jalan-jalan reach McD & teringat aku Zahrah hi Reef. At Centrepoint, we shopped around for baju tahun baru for my cousins as well as me trying to find 3/4 pants. What happen to me? *sobbing* Waaa, I cant find suitable size! Iatah terlalu small waist haha! While at Centrepoint, again my cousin yg 2 orang tu continue to cari gifts for their girlfriend. For lunch we had drinks from YOYO Cafe which according to my cousins telah turun dia punya kualiti but according to Hafiz Ismail its nyaman. Whatever it is it depends on your taste right? Lunch was at McD, and as usual McD was packed! I wonder how come everywhere McD penuh 1? Its more costly than KFC but many people still go to McD! After lunch, my cousins wanted to sing at KBox so we went up there to check what songs were available to bad at that time only 'dangdut' songs were available. There is no I want nobody nobody but you or the moon represent my love. So balik rumah!


Day 6  BBQ Nite 30th December 2009
Tonite, we had a BBQ Nite courtesy of my uncle. There were wine & other drinks. I wanted to try the wine since Im legal already but kena halang.We had fun 'playing' with food, as we are in-charge of d BBQ work.

Day 7 People from Lion City came  31st December 2009
Today, is the last day of my stay in KK. For breakfast I went to Kuo Man Restaurant near Esso petrol station (dah tutup). This place is popular for its fish dumpling. I would recommend you to try this restaurant if you go to KK, but only for non-Muslims. Meanwhile, for Muslims you can check out the Chinese Muslim Paradise 2 shops away! Bon Appetit! At night, my cousin uncle family from Singapore drop-by for dinner. Over the dinner, we had an interesting chat about difference of Brunei & Singapore education system, as well as PR application in Brunei.

Day 8 Mengayau Sabah Jumpa Lagi Tahun 2010, Auk Miri Kita Datang Lagi 1 Jan 2010
Cis, no thanks to Air Asia retiming of flight I got to wake up at 4am! Our flight depart from LCCT KK 7.30am and reached Miri just on time. At Miri, went shopping a bit at Parkson & Boulevard then balik Seria. I would say this trip brings a lot of surprises to me especially the 'minta kalendar' issue. Plus, not forgetting Sabah is Asia's Solar Powered Theme Park with lotsa surprises awaits those willing to travel to the Land Below The Wind. Terima Kasih Sabah Jumpa Lagi Tahun 2010 bila aku bawa kawan2 aku dari Singapore/Australia/mana2 aje (depend on where I will further my studies) untuk mendaki Gunung Kinabalu kot!

Thank you people for reading my KK adventure. In a couple of wks , I will be going for a long trip to Singapore Lion City, politically tsunami affected Tanah Malaya & Siam sawasdeekap! Then, there will be more stories to be told!
Till then, Surprises surprises people. Happy life up your life to your fullest! Adios & selamat


No comments:

Post a Comment