Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The List

Hi people, so hows your life? I guess you will be rushing here&there filling forms,taking tests, making personal statements, etc. By the way results is just around the corner so be prepared for the worst!
Today, Im so not in the 'pink of health' so its just gonna be a short post. I will try to post up more in this couple of days.
Today, I was reading the book that I had bought in Times Suria Sabah on the day 'The Calendar' occured. The book is a motivational book named Chicken Soup for the Souls My Resolutions. I was reading 1 chapter on The List about how a person was advised by her grandma to write up a list of things that the person had accomplished. After reading this chapter, I was moved to start The List of my own (Im not bragging about my achievements, so if you think Im 'angkat bakul', let it be). Here goes my list
The Achievement for Education
  1. Passed PSR 
  2. Passed PMB
  3. Passed O Level in Science class
  4. Passed AS Level with quite a good grade (2A,1B)
  5. Completed Pre-U
Place That I Have Step My Foot Onto
  1. Malaysia (tanah airku)
  2. Brunei (my 2nd home)
  3. Singapore
  4. Thailand
  5. Australia
  6. Taiwan
ECA Achievements
  1. Kuiz Kenali Tanahairku 2nd place
  2. Won a number of prizes from radio quizzes
Other things to note I have:
  1.  Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. Friendster
  4. Plurk
  5. Wozai
  6. Blog (chatlepak.blogspot.com)
  7. Nuffnang
  8. Organised a number of trips successfully
I think my achievements are nothing much to shout about compared to certain people ones who could proudly tell that they had set foot to Big Ben & Statue of Liberty, etc. Some could brag about the good academic results, etc. 
Lastly, I would like to express condolences to the family of 1 teacher & 5 students who were involved in the dragon boat tragedy in Penang on Sunday. Its really sad to see these events occuring again & again even though it can be prevented. I remembered it happened once in 2007 to the Singapore dragon boat team. Its not the time to point fingers on who is at fault, but we need to find ways to prevent these things from occuring again. One of the parents of the 5 students said that 'His son wanted to be a designer & had even learnt German language since he wanted to further studies in Germany', now everything is GONE!
Again lets have a moment of silence to remember those who have perished in the tragedy!
Alright people, before I close this posting we shall end with a quote 
He is a wise man who doesnt grieve for the things which he hasnt, but rejoices for those which he has. - Epictetus
Bye!
P.S. This blogger thinks that people should meditate to keep their minds calm in respect of so many things that had occured over the wk & the weeks to come

No comments:

Post a Comment